‘What the hell is that’ I imagine you are thinking…
Well let me tell you this is a winter salad….served warm, to keep those cockles of yours toasty, and obviously packed full of goodness to keep you burning fat like you wouldn’t believe
Check out the recipe below.
Balsamic Glazed Butternut Squash with Lentils and Kale
- Rinse the lentils and place in a medium sauce pan with the stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until lentils are soft.
- In the mean time, preheat the oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with foil. Chop vegetables and whisk together the sugar, vinegar, and buttery spread in a large bowl. Toss vegetables with the vinegar mixture to coat evenly, pour onto baking sheets (along with any extra glaze) and place in the oven. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, checking at 20 to stir and rotate pans.
- While the vegetables roast and the lentils cook, wash and thinly slice the kale. Place in a large bowl with a fat pinch of sea salt and the juice of one lemon. Massage the kale with the lemon and salt and set aside to wilt.
- When the lentils are done, drain them well and toss them in with the kale.
- When the vegetables are done to your liking, toss them in with the lentils and kale, squeeze another lemon over the top of everything, spoon into your favourite serving bowl and garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds.