This is a litte Mexican Treat from my new Cook Book
Breakfast isn’t just boring porridge
Guilt Free Huevos Rancheros
(looks GOOOD, doesn’t it!!!)
This is probably a weekend breakfast thing!!
o 1 wheat free/gluten free tortilla (or
brown rice tortilla)
o 2 organic eggs
o 1/2 ripe avocado, chopped into cubes
o 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped into small cubes
o 1 big red tomato, peeled and chopped into cubes
o 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
o 2 spring onions, finely chopped
o 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
o A sprig of coriander, roughly chopped
o A slice of lime (optional but yummy)
o Hymalayan rock salt, ground black pepper, coconut oil
1. Heat a tbsp of coconut oil in a shallow pan and add the
garlic and onion.
2. Sauté until golden and add the chopped tomato and red pepper
3. Add some salt and pepper.
4. Let it simmer on medium heat until the pepper has softened and
it looks like tomato sauce.
5. Sprinkle the chopped spring onions on top.
6. In another pan with coconut oil, fry two eggs (salt to taste).
7. Place the tortilla on a plate and arrange the avocado strips and
the slice of lime on the side.
8. Spoon a few tbspfuls of the tomato sauce on the tortilla
9. Arrange the eggs on top of the sauce.
10. Sprinkle with the chopped coriander and serve.
Let me know how good it is
Chris ‘Mexican’ Wraithmell